Statement of Faith
Teachers and Board Members of Oak Grove Classical Academy embrace the historic tenets of Christianity as presented in the following Statement of Faith. Beyond these primary doctrines, we respect and acknowledge many secondary doctrinal questions exist among the true Body of Christ. We defer to parents and their local evangelical churches to clarify these issues.
We believe the Bible to be the only inerrant, authoritative Word of God, and is therefore, the final authority in matters of faith and practice (2 Tim. 3:16, 2 Pet. 1:20-21).
We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Colossians2:9; 2 Corinthians 13:14).
- God the Father: We believe the Father is fully God, and His fatherhood is eternal and personal. He is the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, and of all who believe in Christ. (Genesis 1:1; 2 Corinthians1:3; Ephesians 4:4-6; 2 Corinthians 6:18)
- God the Son: We believe in the deity of Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His substitutionary and atoning death, salvation through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His coming return. (Matthew 1:18-25; John 1:1-2, 14; 3:16-18; Acts 1:9-11; Ro- mans 5:8-11; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Ephesians 1:20-23; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 4:14-15; 7:25; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17)
- God the Holy Spirit: We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells all believers. He, likewise, convicts of sin, increases desires for righteousness and obedience, leads in truth, brings assurance, empowers, and gives spiritual gifts to the church. (John 3:3-8; 14:16-17; 16:7-11; 1 Corinthians 2:13; 12:11-13; 2 Peter 1:20-21)
We believe all people are created in the image of God, to be like Him in character. Our sin alienates us from God, makes us liable for His judgment, and ultimately results in eternal death apart from God’s salvation. (Genesis 1:26-27; Romans 1:18-23; 3:23; 5:12; 6:23; Ephesians 2:1-3)
We believe it is through Christ’s death on the cross, where He took our sin upon Himself, that we can be made right with God on the basis of Christ’s righteousness and atoning death. We can never make up for our sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ alone can we be forgiven for our sin, over- come our separation from God, and be saved from God’s judgment. At salvation, we are justified by God; meaning that we are declared positionally righteous before God because of our identification with Jesus Christ. (John. 1:12-13, 6:37-40, 10:28-30; Ephesians 1:7-13, 2:8-9; 1 John 5:11-13)
The Christian Life
We believe it is God’s will that through the Holy Spirit, we continually grow in grace, in obedience, and in our love for Him until we get to heaven and are made perfect in Christ. (Romans 6:1-8; 1 Corinthians 6:11; Philippians 1:6, 2:13)
We believe in the bodily resurrection of all people. We believe in a literal heaven and hell, and that all men will either spend eternity under God’s just and holy judgment or in His glorious presence. (Daniel 12:2; Matthew 25:31,46; John 5:28-29; 1 Corinthians 15:51-52; 2 Thessalonians 1:9)
We believe that believers comprise the Church which is the Family of God, the Body of Christ and the Temple of the Holy Spirit, and that it is expressed in local churches. It was created by God to display His glory on the earth by reaching out to people who do not know Him, lifting up worship to Him, loving one another as His family, growing in maturity to be like Christ, and serving others in His name. (Matthew 26:26-29; 28:18-20; Acts 2:42-47; 1 Corinthians 12:1-27; Ephesians 1:22-23; 3:10; Colossians 1:18; 1 John 3:14-18)
Oak Grove Statement on Marriage and Sexuality
Oak Grove Classical Academy maintains that the God of the Bible has instituted marriage, sexuality, the family, and biologically determined gender. Oak Grove believes that all people, as His creatures, must therefore seek conformity to His will in and for these things. In order to foster a biblical worldview and biblical practice, Oak Grove reserves the right to deny admission, to revoke admission, and to expel any family and student(s) who do not conform in belief and practice to the following Biblical truths as understood by Oak Grove Classical Academy:
- God created man and woman (and creates men and women) in His image with intrinsic worth and an obligation to obey Him.
- God’s will for a biological male is to act like a boy/man, living in accordance with God’s purpose in and for masculinity, never seeking to identify as a female/girl/woman.
- God’s will for a biological female is to act like a girl/woman, living in accordance with God’s purpose in and for femininity, never seeking to identify as a male/boy/man.
- God instituted marriage in order to provide all of creation with a picture of Jesus Christ (the bridegroom) and His bride (the church composed of all who are in Him by faith). As such, marriage must be between one man and one woman who mutually and lawfully agree to love and help one another in life and faith. Homosexuality, as well as bisexuality, and any other non-heterosexuality is sin.
- The only righteous and lawful occasion for sex and sexual behavior is in marriage between a husband and wife. Sex and sexual behavior should not be engaged in outside of marriage.
- God has given men and women distinct roles in marriage that accord with their respective biological gender.
- Should the Lord bless a husband and wife with children, through biological reproduction or adoption, the parents have an obligation to seek conformity to God’s will as revealed in the Bible for themselves and their family, and children must obey their parents.
(Gen.1:26-28; 2:18-25; 3:1-20; Ex. 20:12; Deut. 6:4-9; Josh. 24:15; Ps. 78; 127; 128; 139:13-16; Prov.1:8; 5:18-20; 6:20-22; 12:4; 18:22; 22:6, 15; 29:17; 31:10-31; Eccl. 9:9; Mal. 2:14-16; Matt. 5:31-32; 19:3-9; Mark 10:6-12; Rom. 1:18-31;1 Cor. 6:9; 7:1-16; 16:13; Eph. 5:22-32; 6:1-4; Col. 3:18-21; Titus 2:3-5; Heb. 13:4; 1 Pet. 3:1-7)
Attend an Informational Meeting!
There is no better way to learn about Oak Grove than to attend an informational meeting. We can guarantee you will come away with an excitement about education that you've never known possible.